Sunday, May 20, 2007

Intentions/Inventions

Ah, the blank white page. I wonder if J.S. Bach sat petrified, quill in hand, before the empty parchment? He intended to write a piece in every key for that new fangled instrument called the clavier - a seemingly daunting challenge. What came out, eventually, was The Well-Tempered Clavier, some of the most amazing music ever written.

So I suppose it would be good to start. Writing has always been my dirty little secret, done surreptitiously when no one was watching. But I now have the urge to go public, mostly for the kick in the pants to do it regularly that I imagine blogging might provide. So, here goes.

Don't have a lot of time at the moment - I wonder how often I'll write that phrase! When I get back here (soon, really...) I will explain my nom de blog and talk about the friend who inspired me to sit here in the first place.