Thursday, May 31, 2007

Whole Lotta Nothin'

Where I live the "coming of the cicadas" reminds me of the Y2K debacle. I haven't heard a single salacious croak of this alleged-to-be ubiquitous bug. Remember how the world was going to end December 31, 1999? Yeah, like that.

I am much happier to think about insects than car trouble so I'm thankful to the little buggers for that much.

Very jacked about my latest delivery of a batch of lanceleaf plants for my native backyard garden. One of these days I'll actually take a picture and post it. The plants I buried back there last year are booming! I planted another ten or so a few week ago and they look rather forlorn and spindly next to the Charles Atlases right next door. But I imagine next year they'll be great (hopefully not in the mode of the Chicago Cubs). This next dozen will go in the flower bed that runs alongside the back of my garage. They are advertised as being quite tall (almost corn-like) and are supposed to flower from May to August. Gotta get out there and get 'em in the ground.

[Thanks to my insect-loving pal S for the cicada pic]